Saturday, March 24, 2007

moving on up...

...I was surprisingly disappointed not to get into Shaggy Blog Stories. I'll start by saying I didn't really expect I would. But it did make me realise that I'm not as good a writer as I would like to be. Unlike other bloggers, I don't blog purely for my benefit - perhaps if I did it would make me a better writer - but really I blog as a way of interacting with people and hoped that my posts would stimulate discussion.

I haven't devoted as much time and energy to the blog as I should have done. I've been moving; working on a masters; and generally getting my life in order. Blogging is more fun, but life gets in the way.

Plus there seems to be a limit to what can be said about living an ethical life. I feel like I'm repeating myself and it feels like its been done. Not done living an ethical life, but perhaps done writing about it. I want to write better funny posts but its hard to be funny while maintaining this level of anonymity. And the anonymity is important.

So I'm off to the sunny southwest for a couple of weeks so its time for a break. The first draft of this post ended with me bidding a fond and more permanent adieu and thanks to all the recent kind comments and emails I am determined to be back. I am however having a think about how to proceed.

In the mean time - buy the book, the blog is staying put, this is not me taking umbrage. I am so grateful to anyone who's read or commented and I will still stick around. I have other projects in mind and I will be back in one form or another. Please keep in touch - I do answer email.

Eventually.
Who Links Here